Insurer Prudential Financial posts profit
Nov 6 (Reuters) - Prudential Financial Inc, the second-largest U.S. life insurer, reported a quarterly profit, driven by higher income from its retirement services and investment management business.
Net income of financial services businesses attributable to the company was $981 million, or $2.07 per share, for the quarter ended Sept. 30, compared with a loss of $627 million, or $1.34 per share, a year earlier.
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’