New Jersey Republican Governor Christie wins second term - media
NEW YORK Nov 5 (Reuters) - New Jersey Republican Governor Chris Christie handily won re-election on Tuesday, a victory seen boosting his widely expected bid for the White House in 2016.
Christie was declared the unofficial winner, within minutes of the polls closing, by CNN, CBS and NBC.
The win by the blunt, tough-talking incumbent was expected by political experts to solidify his standing in the national Republican Party.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV
- Ohio couple found guilty of enslaving woman and child