Adidas CEO says confident on western Europe next year
FRANKFURT Nov 7 (Reuters) - Adidas is confident of holding its ground against Nike in its home market of Europe next year, thanks to a range of new products tied to the soccer World Cup, its chief executive said on Thursday.
"We feel very confident for western Europe next year," Herbert Hainer told journalists after the group reported third-quarter results. He also cited the group's Boost and Springblade running shoes as driving its performance.
Adidas has lost market share to Nike in western Europe this year.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |