URGENT-Agenus genital herpes vaccine succeeds in mid-stage trial
Nov 7 (Reuters) - Agenus Inc said a mid-stage trial of its experimental genital herpes vaccine reduced the rate at which patients' were shedding the virus.
The 15 percent reduction in viral shedding in patients receiving the vaccine compared to those on a placebo, who showed no reduction.
The mid-stage trial had 80 patients with a history of 1-9 herpes recurrences within the prior 12 months. Of them, 70 received the vaccine, HerpV, and 10 received placebo.
- Qatar will not host World Cup: FIFA official
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- New Jersey man attacked and killed by black bear, police say
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website