Alcoa supports LME's big overhaul of warehousing policy
NEW YORK Nov 7 (Reuters) - Alcoa Inc said on Thursday it supports the London Metal Exchange's latest effort to resolve a years-long crisis over its warehousing policy and improve transparancy.
In a statement after the LME announced sweeping changes to the way it regulates its vast warehousing network, the U.S. producer called on the exchange to give a clear outline on when it plans to implement the new rules.
"The immediate next step is for the LME to provide a clear timeline in which to implement this change," it said.
"Alcoa believes this is key to ensuring a more transparent system which increases fairness and improves market function."
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV