Turkey seizes 1,200 warheads near Syria border: agency
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkey seized a truck loaded with 1,200 rocket warheads and other weapons near the border with Syria on Thursday and detained nine people, the private Dogan news agency reported.
The truck, which was also carrying bazookas, explosives and guns, was seized in Turkey's southern province of Adana, Dogan quoted provincial governor Huseyin Avni Cos as saying.
(Writing by Ece Toksabay; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist