Turkey seizes 1,200 warheads near Syria border: agency
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkey seized a truck loaded with 1,200 rocket warheads and other weapons near the border with Syria on Thursday and detained nine people, the private Dogan news agency reported.
The truck, which was also carrying bazookas, explosives and guns, was seized in Turkey's southern province of Adana, Dogan quoted provincial governor Huseyin Avni Cos as saying.
(Writing by Ece Toksabay; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |