Barrick chairman's departure part of pitch for offering -sources
TORONTO Nov 8 (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp Chairman Peter Munk's likely departure was part of a pitch to investors in the gold miner's recent $3 billion public offering, sources familiar with the matter said.
An amended regulatory filing made public on Friday said governance changes, including Munk's retirement, were likely to take effect in conjunction with Barrick's next annual meeting.
- Alumnus shot dead after wounding three at Florida State University |
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds