PRESS DIGEST-China - Nov 8
SHANGHAI Nov 8 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Friday. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
CHINA SECURITIES JOURNAL
- The simulation of CSI 300 stock index options contracts trading started on Friday. The move indicates the introduction of stock index options is not far off, said unnamed sources.
- China Merchants Property Development Co Ltd approved a 6.5 billion yuan ($1.07 billion) A-share financing program on Thursday. The transaction is still subject to regulatory approval.
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
- The reforms in China's Shanghai free trade zone could be extended nationwide after three years, said Ai Baojun, Shanghai's deputy major, on Thursday at a round table forum.
- In Shanghai, air pollution on Thursday rose to a PM2.5 density, nearly four times the national limit. It peaked at a hazardous level of about 270 micrograms per cubic meter, four times the national limit of 75.
- Certain local authorities in China engage in protectionist behaviour, by for example issuing official documents to 'protect' local products, said the paper which acts as the mouthpiece of the Chinese government. It is important to reform this attitude in order to better develop the market, it said.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....