Barrick chairman's departure part of pitch for offering: sources
TORONTO (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp (ABX.TO) Chairman Peter Munk's likely departure was part of a pitch to investors in the gold miner's recent $3 billion public offering, sources familiar with the matter said.
An amended regulatory filing made public on Friday said governance changes, including Munk's retirement, were likely to take effect in conjunction with Barrick's next annual meeting.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel pursues punishing Gaza offensive for a third day |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Chinese hackers pursue key data on U.S. workers: NYT