McDonald's October same-restaurant sales miss estimates
(Reuters) - McDonald's Corp (MCD.N) reported lower-than-expected comparable-restaurant sales for October as sales fell in Japan.
Global sales at restaurants open for more than a year rose 0.5 percent in October, but the growth was below the average analyst estimate of 0.6 percent, according to nine analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
Comparable-restaurant sales in Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa fell 2.8 percent in October mainly due to negative results in Japan, the world's largest burger chain said.
(This story corrects paragraph 2 to fix source of analyst estimate to Thomson Reuters from Consensus Metrix)
(Reporting by Siddharth Cavale in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Texas man charged with capital murder for shooting dead six |
- Palestinian death toll rises to 77 as Israel hits Gaza over rocket fire |
- Wall St. drops on Portugal bank worry; losses pared
- Berlin tells CIA station chief to leave in spy scandal