Hon Hai mulls Arizona investment, says not connected to Apple
TAIPEI Nov 9 (Reuters) - Hon Hai Precision, the major maker of Apple products, said on Saturday it is considering building a plant in Arizona to make large panels and large-panel TVs.
"Arizona has offered us very good commercial conditions," Hon Hai chairman Terry Gou said following a meeting with Azizona Governor Jan Brewer.
The move comes as Brewer said earlier this month Apple will open a manufacturing facility in Arizona. But Gou denied it had something to Apple's investment plan.
"These are two different things," he said.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill