Hon Hai mulls Arizona investment, says not connected to Apple
TAIPEI Nov 9 (Reuters) - Hon Hai Precision, the major maker of Apple products, said on Saturday it is considering building a plant in Arizona to make large panels and large-panel TVs.
"Arizona has offered us very good commercial conditions," Hon Hai chairman Terry Gou said following a meeting with Azizona Governor Jan Brewer.
The move comes as Brewer said earlier this month Apple will open a manufacturing facility in Arizona. But Gou denied it had something to Apple's investment plan.
"These are two different things," he said.
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act