German retailer Rewe to invest 1.5 bln eur in German ops -paper
FRANKFURT Nov 9 (Reuters) - German retailer Rewe will invest 1.5 billion euros ($2 billion) to revamp its German stores and expand its internet offering, Chief Executive Alain Caparros told Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung.
Rewe's push to overhaul its offering comes as traditional retailers fight with internet companies for shoppers' cash in Europe's largest economy. ($1 = 0.7491 euros) (Reporting by Edward Taylor; Editing by Louise Heavens)
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Vietnam search fruitless at site where China satellite detected suspected plane debris - witness