German retailer Rewe to invest 1.5 bln eur in German ops -paper
FRANKFURT Nov 9 (Reuters) - German retailer Rewe will invest 1.5 billion euros ($2 billion) to revamp its German stores and expand its internet offering, Chief Executive Alain Caparros told Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung.
Rewe's push to overhaul its offering comes as traditional retailers fight with internet companies for shoppers' cash in Europe's largest economy. ($1 = 0.7491 euros) (Reporting by Edward Taylor; Editing by Louise Heavens)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- Class action against Facebook attracts 60,000 users