AXA buys stake in Colombia's Colpatria for 259 mln eur
PARIS Nov 11 (Reuters) - French insurance group AXA said on Monday it will buy a 51 percent stake in the insurance operations of Colombian group Colpatria for 259 million euros ($346 million) in a move to enter the Colombian insurance market.
Colpatria's unit, called Colpatria Seguros, is Colombia's fourth biggest insurance company, with a market share of 7 percent, AXA said in a statement.
"This acquisition gives AXA a unique opportunity to enter the fast-growing Colombian insurance market with well-established positions in all lines of business, while benefiting from the support of a solid and reputable local partner," Henri de Castries, Chairman and CEO of AXA, said in a statement.
(Reporting by Blaise Robinson)
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official