Manulife to expand private asset management business
TORONTO Nov 11 (Reuters) - Manulife Financial Corp , Canada's largest life insurer, said on Monday it plans to expand its third party private asset management business, allowing clients to invest in assets such as timberland, farmland, real estate and private equity.
A new business unit, Manulife Asset Management Private Markets, will bring together teams that currently manage funds for third party investors and provide investors with access to Manulife's specialized private asset teams that historically have primarily served its general fund.
Toronto-based Manulife manages C$74 billion ($70.55 billion) of private market investments out of total funds under management of C$575 billion.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- Trapped peacekeepers at Golan Heights moved to secure area: Philippine military chief