Exclusive: U.S. aircraft carrier to support Philippines relief efforts
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States will send the USS George Washington aircraft carrier to support relief efforts in the Philippines, as the U.S. military ramps assistance after a devastating typhoon killed an estimated 10,000 people, a U.S. defense official told Reuters on Monday.
The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, could not immediately provide further details.
The aircraft carrier has been on a port visit to Hong Kong.
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |