Exclusive: U.S. aircraft carrier to support Philippines relief efforts
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States will send the USS George Washington aircraft carrier to support relief efforts in the Philippines, as the U.S. military ramps assistance after a devastating typhoon killed an estimated 10,000 people, a U.S. defense official told Reuters on Monday.
The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, could not immediately provide further details.
The aircraft carrier has been on a port visit to Hong Kong.
- U.S.-Israeli tensions rise as hostilities in Gaza subside |
- Hague court to order Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case: paper
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Obama could curb corporate 'inversions' on his own: ex-U.S. official
- Family of five found shot dead in Maine home: police