Dark Knight Rises: Batman jailed for theft and drug abuse
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - A Singaporean man with an unusual superhero-like name turned out to be a villain who consumed drugs and stole from his brother.
Batman bin Suparman, which means Batman son of Suparman in the Malay language, was jailed on Monday for two years and nine months for various offences including stealing his brother's automated teller machine card to make withdrawals, media reported.
The 23-year-old unemployed man had also broken into the office of a firm in western Singapore to steal money and taken heroin.
Batman, who has his own fan club on Facebook, became a social media sensation after an image of his identity card with his unusual name was circulated online.
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Islamic State presses assault on Syrian border town, Kurds warn Turkey |