Dark Knight Rises: Batman jailed for theft and drug abuse
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - A Singaporean man with an unusual superhero-like name turned out to be a villain who consumed drugs and stole from his brother.
Batman bin Suparman, which means Batman son of Suparman in the Malay language, was jailed on Monday for two years and nine months for various offences including stealing his brother's automated teller machine card to make withdrawals, media reported.
The 23-year-old unemployed man had also broken into the office of a firm in western Singapore to steal money and taken heroin.
Batman, who has his own fan club on Facebook, became a social media sensation after an image of his identity card with his unusual name was circulated online.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport