Dark Knight Rises: Batman jailed for theft and drug abuse
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - A Singaporean man with an unusual superhero-like name turned out to be a villain who consumed drugs and stole from his brother.
Batman bin Suparman, which means Batman son of Suparman in the Malay language, was jailed on Monday for two years and nine months for various offences including stealing his brother's automated teller machine card to make withdrawals, media reported.
The 23-year-old unemployed man had also broken into the office of a firm in western Singapore to steal money and taken heroin.
Batman, who has his own fan club on Facebook, became a social media sensation after an image of his identity card with his unusual name was circulated online.
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |