Belgium's Galapagos signs deal with U.S. group Biogen
BRUSSELS Nov 12 (Reuters) - Belgian biotech group Galapagos said its unit Biofocus signed a 3-year research deal with U.S. firm Biogen Idec to find new treatments for scleroderma.
The total value of the deal, which includes an upfront sum as well as further milestone payments, could reach $31 million, Galapagos said.
Scleroderma is a disease that involves the buildup of scar-like tissue in the skin.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials