Nomura announces six hires to boost banking business
Nov 12 (Reuters) - Asian investment bank Nomura Holdings Inc said on Tuesday it had made a number of hires as it seeks to strengthen its investment banking division.
The firm has hired Edward Aitken as head of Americas retail investment banking. He previously held banking roles at Merrill Lynch, RBC Capital Markets and Viant Group.
Richard Eisenberg has joined Nomura as the head of media investment banking for the Americas after stints at UBS and JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Ben Adams has joined Nomura's healthcare group where he will cover healthcare services. He has previously worked at Barclays Capital, Bear Stearns and BMO Capital Markets.
Christopher Turner joined Nomura's financial sponsors group from Barclays.
William Hunter joined the bank's global natural resources, group focusing on the mining sector. He has held roles at Jefferies and Teneo Capital.
Georges Azzam has joined Nomura's mergers and acquisitions team as the co-head of Americas M&A. He has held senior roles at Salomon Brothers and Societe Generale.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet