Canadian Solar posts first profit in nine quarters
Nov 13 (Reuters) - Solar power company Canadian Solar Inc swung to a profit after eight straight quarters of losses, driven by its high-margin solar power plant business.
Net income attributable to Canadian Solar was $27.7 million, or 56 cents per share, in the third quarter, compared with net loss of $43.7 million, or $1.01 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 51 percent to $490.9 million.
- Abbas-led Palestinian body backs Hamas truce demands in Gaza |
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours