Intesa has no interest in Italian, European banking M&A-CEO
MILAN Nov 13 (Reuters) - Intesa Sanpaolo, Italy's biggest retail bank, has no interest in joining a possible banking consolidation drive in Italy or Europe, its CEO said on Wednesday.
"We have absolutely no interest in taking part in consolidation in Italy or Europe," Carlo Messina told analysts in a conference call.
(Reporting by Silvia Aloisi, editing by Isla Binnie)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement