Intesa has no interest in Italian, European banking M&A-CEO
MILAN Nov 13 (Reuters) - Intesa Sanpaolo, Italy's biggest retail bank, has no interest in joining a possible banking consolidation drive in Italy or Europe, its CEO said on Wednesday.
"We have absolutely no interest in taking part in consolidation in Italy or Europe," Carlo Messina told analysts in a conference call.
(Reporting by Silvia Aloisi, editing by Isla Binnie)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin 3-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- Tesla expects to boost 2015 output to more than 60,000