Boyu Capital's Ma appointed non executive director at HK's SFC
HONG KONG Nov 14 (Reuters) - Hong Kong's Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) appointed veteran dealmaker Mary Ma as non executive director, looking to benefit from her experience as a top executive at computer maker Lenovo Group Ltd and private equity firms TPG Capital and Boyu Capital.
Ma, a co-founder and chairman of Boyu, was appointed on Thursday to a two-year term, according to a statement from Hong Kong's Information Services Department. She was previously a co-chairman of TPG China and chief financial officer of Lenovo.
"Ms Ma has a wealth of experience and expertise in the financial services sector. We believe that she will provide valuable contribution to the work of the SFC," a Hong Kong government spokesman said in the statement.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |