Mexico's Sigma launches bid for Spain's Campofrio
MADRID Nov 14 (Reuters) - Mexican conglomerate Alfa's food unit Sigma Alimentos said on Thursday it was launching a full takeover bid for Spanish foods company Campofrio at 6.8 euros per share after buying a 44.5 percent stake in the firm.
Trading in the shares of Campofrio were suspended ahead of the announcement and will resume trading from 1000 GMT, the stock market regulator said.
The price offered represents a 10.57 percent premium to Campofrio's closing share price of 6.15 euros on Wednesday.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act