FX a transmission channel, not goal, of easy policy -BOJ
TOKYO Nov 14 (Reuters) - Currency market is a key transmission channel for monetary policy, although the Bank of Japan does not aim at directly influencing exchange rates, a senior central bank official said on Thursday.
"It's a common understanding among advanced nations that the objective of monetary policy is financial stability, not at controlling currency moves," BOJ Executive Director Masayoshi Amamiya told a parliamentary committee.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program