FX a transmission channel, not goal, of easy policy -BOJ
TOKYO Nov 14 (Reuters) - Currency market is a key transmission channel for monetary policy, although the Bank of Japan does not aim at directly influencing exchange rates, a senior central bank official said on Thursday.
"It's a common understanding among advanced nations that the objective of monetary policy is financial stability, not at controlling currency moves," BOJ Executive Director Masayoshi Amamiya told a parliamentary committee.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |