FX a transmission channel, not goal, of easy policy -BOJ
TOKYO Nov 14 (Reuters) - Currency market is a key transmission channel for monetary policy, although the Bank of Japan does not aim at directly influencing exchange rates, a senior central bank official said on Thursday.
"It's a common understanding among advanced nations that the objective of monetary policy is financial stability, not at controlling currency moves," BOJ Executive Director Masayoshi Amamiya told a parliamentary committee.
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; Ukraine fighting kills dozens