Colombia to begin sale of Isagen majority stake on Tuesday
BOGOTA Nov 18 (Reuters) - Colombia will on Tuesday begin the sale of its majority stake in the nation's third-biggest electricity generator Isagen, Deputy Finance Minister Andres Restrepo told Reuters.
On completion, the sale of the 57.6 percent could raise as much as 5 trillion pesos ($2.6 billion), the government has said.
Proceeds from the sale are earmarked for investment in infrastructure after a new administration takes office in August 2014.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76