VIETNAM PRESS-Japan's Bridgestone doubles Vietnam plant investment - Tuoi Tre
Japan's Bridgestone Corp's Vietnam unit has secured a licence to double its total investment in a car tyre factory in the northern port city of Haiphong to $1.22 billion from $574.8 million, the Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper said.
Bridgestone's project is the second-largest foreign invested project in the city after a $1.5 billion project invested by a South Korean firm, the report said.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Hanoi Newsroom; Editing by Anand Basu)
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California