Singer Kelly Clarkson pregnant with first child
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop singer Kelly Clarkson is pregnant with her first child, the 31-year-old Grammy winner announced on Twitter on Tuesday.
"I'm pregnant!!! Brandon and I are so excited! Best early Christmas present ever :)," Clarkson tweeted.
Clarkson, the first contestant to win the Fox singing competition "American Idol," married talent manager Brandon Blackstock in October.
The Texas-born singer is one of the most successful winners of the show, having crossed over from country to pop music with hits such as "Since U Been Gone" and "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)."
Clarkson is the stepmother to Blackstock's two children from a prior marriage.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ