Lowe's raises outlook as housing rebound boosts sales
Nov 20 (Reuters) - No. 2 home improvement chain Lowe's Cos Inc reported a rise in quarterly profit and raised its outlook for the current fiscal year on Wednesday as U.S. homeowners encouraged by the housing market recovery spent more on their homes.
Net earnings rose to $499 million, or 47 cents a share, in the third quarter ended Nov. 1 from $396 million, or 35 cents a share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 7.3 percent to $12.96 billion. (Reporting by Dhanya Skariachan; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane