GlaxoSmithKline completes sale of Aspen shares, raising $694 million
LONDON (Reuters) - GlaxoSmithKline said on Wednesday it had completed the sale of 28.2 million shares in Aspen Pharmacare at 250 rand each, raising gross proceeds of 7.059 billion rand ($694 million).
Shares in the South African drug maker closed at 267.40 rand on Tuesday.
GSK had previously said it planned to reduce its investment in the South African drug maker by one third, while remaining committed to working closely with Aspen. It now has a reduced stake of 12.4 percent.
($1 = 10.1738 South African rand)
(Reporting by Ben Hirschler)
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
Major U.S. poultry firms are administering antibiotics to their flocks far more pervasively than regulators realize, posing a potential risk to human health. Full Article