GlaxoSmithKline completes sale of Aspen shares, raising $694 million
LONDON (Reuters) - GlaxoSmithKline said on Wednesday it had completed the sale of 28.2 million shares in Aspen Pharmacare at 250 rand each, raising gross proceeds of 7.059 billion rand ($694 million).
Shares in the South African drug maker closed at 267.40 rand on Tuesday.
GSK had previously said it planned to reduce its investment in the South African drug maker by one third, while remaining committed to working closely with Aspen. It now has a reduced stake of 12.4 percent.
($1 = 10.1738 South African rand)
(Reporting by Ben Hirschler)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case