GlaxoSmithKline completes sale of Aspen shares, raising $694 million
LONDON (Reuters) - GlaxoSmithKline said on Wednesday it had completed the sale of 28.2 million shares in Aspen Pharmacare at 250 rand each, raising gross proceeds of 7.059 billion rand ($694 million).
Shares in the South African drug maker closed at 267.40 rand on Tuesday.
GSK had previously said it planned to reduce its investment in the South African drug maker by one third, while remaining committed to working closely with Aspen. It now has a reduced stake of 12.4 percent.
($1 = 10.1738 South African rand)
(Reporting by Ben Hirschler)
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV |
- Europe holds nerve as Russia-Ukraine warnings ratchet up
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles