BSkyB CEO says keen to sign BT wholesale sports deal
LONDON (Reuters) - BSkyB (BSY.L) is keen to sign a mutual wholesale deal with BT (BT.L) so both groups can offer their customers the full range of live sports, Chief Executive Jeremy Darroch said on Wednesday.
BSkyB, the dominant pay-TV group in Britain, lost the rights to show Champions League soccer to BT earlier this month, making it more important that the two groups agree a wholesale deal so BSkyB can show the BT sports channels on its platform and vice versa.
Speaking at a Morgan Stanley conference in Barcelona, Darroch said he did not expect to take a huge hit from the loss of the channels and that they had not been willing to pay any more for the rights.
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- New report calls U.S. a 'rising star' of global manufacturing