BSkyB CEO says keen to sign BT wholesale sports deal
LONDON (Reuters) - BSkyB (BSY.L) is keen to sign a mutual wholesale deal with BT (BT.L) so both groups can offer their customers the full range of live sports, Chief Executive Jeremy Darroch said on Wednesday.
BSkyB, the dominant pay-TV group in Britain, lost the rights to show Champions League soccer to BT earlier this month, making it more important that the two groups agree a wholesale deal so BSkyB can show the BT sports channels on its platform and vice versa.
Speaking at a Morgan Stanley conference in Barcelona, Darroch said he did not expect to take a huge hit from the loss of the channels and that they had not been willing to pay any more for the rights.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |