Einhorn touts Apple, Micron, still short on Green Mtn, Chipotle
Nov 21 (Reuters) - Greenlight Capital President David Einhorn said he has taken a stake in Micron Technology Inc because the chipmaker stands to benefit from industry consolidation, and defended his investment in Apple Inc by citing the company's software sales.
Einhorn made the comments in an interview on Thursday aired on CNBC, after speaking at an investor conference in New York that was closed to the media. Reports of his earlier remarks had sent shares in Micron Technology climbing.
In the CNBC interview Einhorn also said he remains short on Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc and Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |