Telecom Italia does not need to merge with rivals in Italy-CEO
ROME Nov 21 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia does not need to merge with competitors in Italy, its chief executive Marco Patuano said on Thursday.
"Telecom does not need to merge with competitors. That would create dominant positions, even though there are nice telecoms assets around such as Metroweb's," Patuano told a parliamentary hearing.
"There is talk of a merger between H3G e Wind... Also we have been discussuing a possible merger between TIM and H3G but in the end we could not reach an agreement," he said.
Telecom Italia is controlled by Telefonica and three Italian financial companies.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |