China's Shandong Weigao to sell entire stake in Biosensors for $312.3 million
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Shandong Weigao Group Medical Polymer Co Ltd (1066.HK) said on Friday it would sell its entire 21.7 percent stake in medical device maker Biosensors International Group Ltd (BIOS.SI) for $312.3 million to focus on its main businesses.
The Hong Kong-listed medical device maker will sell the Biosensors stake to CB Medical Holdings Ltd at S$1.05 per share, representing an 11.7 percent premium over Biosensors' previous close, Shandong Weigao said in a filing to the Hong Kong bourse.
Shangdong Weigao said it estimated 449 million yuan ($73.69 million) loss from the disposal, while the proceed would be used to strengthen its principal businesses in medical consumables, blood purification and orthopedic products.
Shares in Biosensors rose 1.6 percent to S$0.95.
($1 = 6.0932 Chinese yuan)
(Reporting by Donny Kwok; Editing by Anand Basu)
- U.S. pledges 3,000 troops to fight Ebola; experts say more needed
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |
- Stocks turn higher ahead of Fed meeting, oil up