Canada budget to be balanced in about 14 months: Flaherty
OTTAWA Nov 25 (Reuters) - Canada's federal budget will be balanced "in approximately 14 months", Finance Minister Jim Flaherty told the Senate finance committee on Monday.
Flaherty said earlier this month that Canada would run a budget surplus of C$3.7 billion in the 2015-16 fiscal year.
"We will be balanced again in approximately 14 months and we'll be in a position to run a surplus and make the policy decisions that are made then about what to do about the surplus," he said.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin three-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- Tesla expects to boost 2015 output to more than 60,000
- Tea Party out-muscles Boehner on border-security funding