Canada budget to be balanced in about 14 months: Flaherty
OTTAWA Nov 25 (Reuters) - Canada's federal budget will be balanced "in approximately 14 months", Finance Minister Jim Flaherty told the Senate finance committee on Monday.
Flaherty said earlier this month that Canada would run a budget surplus of C$3.7 billion in the 2015-16 fiscal year.
"We will be balanced again in approximately 14 months and we'll be in a position to run a surplus and make the policy decisions that are made then about what to do about the surplus," he said.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions