MALAYSIA-PRESS-EPF and Can-One form SPV to buy two packaging firms-The Edge Financial Daily
Can-One Bhd and the Employees Provident Fund are forming a special purpose vehicle to acquire the assets and liabilities of Kian Joo Can Factory Bhd and Box-Pak (Malaysia) Bhd, according to sources.
The three related packaging manufacturers were suspended from trading of their shares from Monday to Thursday. Can-One, a can manufacturer, owns 32.9 percent of its largest competitor, Kian Joo, which in turn owns 54.8 percent of Box-Pak, a manufacturer of corrugated boxes. EPF currently has a 10.03 percent stake in Kian Joo.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy.
($1 = 3.2155 ringgit)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |