Sears Canada to slash 800 jobs in services units, head office
TORONTO Nov 26 (Reuters) - Sears Canada Inc is laying off nearly 800 employees as it overhauls its repair services and parts businesses and makes further staffing cuts at its head office, the department store chain said on Tuesday.
The company, which is 51 percent-owned by Sears Holdings Corp, said 712 jobs will be cut from its services divisions and an additional 79 eliminated at the head office.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean: source |
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source