Sears Canada to slash 800 jobs in services units, head office
TORONTO Nov 26 (Reuters) - Sears Canada Inc is laying off nearly 800 employees as it overhauls its repair services and parts businesses and makes further staffing cuts at its head office, the department store chain said on Tuesday.
The company, which is 51 percent-owned by Sears Holdings Corp, said 712 jobs will be cut from its services divisions and an additional 79 eliminated at the head office.
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia