VIETNAM PRESS-Overseas remittances seen up at $11 bln in 2013 - Dau Tu
Overseas remittances to Vietnam this year would rise 12.8 percent from 2012 to an estimated $11 billion, according to the central bank, the Dau Tu (Investment) newspaper reported.
The projected growth this year compares with an average annual rise of 24 percent recorded between 1994 and 2012, according to the World Bank, the report said.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Hanoi Newsroom; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran