Ivory Coast to issue $1.67 bln of debt on regional market in 2014
ABIDJAN Nov 28 (Reuters) - Ivory Coast plans to issue sovereign debt worth around $1.67 billion on the West African regional market next year, its treasury director said, as it seeks to tap into growing investor confidence to fund post-war reconstruction.
"The 2014 objective won't be very far off that of 2013, which is 806 billion CFA francs ($1.67 billion). These resources raised through bond issuance and will go to investment projects," Adama Kone told Reuters on Thursday. ($1 = 483.2270 CFA francs) (Reporting by Ange Aboa; Writing by Joe Bavier; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt