Lemminkainen to pay up to 34 mln euros for price fixing - court
HELSINKI Nov 28 (Reuters) - Construction company Lemminkainen was told to pay up to 34 million euros ($46 million) in damages to Finnish local governments for fixing asphalt prices with competitors, a Helsinki district court ruled on Thursday.
Lemminkainen said it would record the cost of the damages in its fourth-quarter results and warned that, as a result, 2013 results would be "clearly negative".
The case relates to a nationwide asphalt cartel that operated in 1994-2002, according to a 2009 decision by a supreme administrative court.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |