Schneider gains EU approval for $5.6 billion Invensys buy
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - French electrical gear maker Schneider Electric (SCHN.PA) secured European Union regulatory approval on Friday for its 3.4-billion-pound ($5.56 billion) acquisition of British engineering company Invensys ISYS.L.
The deal, announced in July, will reinforce Schneider's high-margin industrial automation business and its presence in the fast-growing energy industry.
The European Commission said in a statement that the takeover would not pose any competition concerns.
"The activities of the two companies are complementary and the merged entity would continue to face several strong competitors in the affected markets," the EU antitrust authority said.
(Reporting by Foo Yun Chee; editing by Robert-Jan Bartunek)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |