ArcelorMittal, Nippon Steel to buy Thyssen U.S. plant for $1.55 billion
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Arcelormittal (ISPA.AS) and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp (5401.T) agreed to buy ThyssenKrupp's (TKAG.DE) steel plant in the United States for $1.55 billion, ArcelorMittal said late on Friday.
The transaction will be financed through a combination of equity and debt at the joint venture level and will yield $60 million of annual savings, it said.
The deal includes a six-year agreement to purchase 2 million tons of steel slab per year from ThyssenKrupp's CSA steel mill in Brazil.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |