Petrofac not interested in acquiring Foster Wheeler: source
LONDON (Reuters) - British oil services group Petrofac (PFC.L) is not interested in acquiring Swiss-based engineering company Foster Wheeler (FWLT.O), a source familiar with the UK company said on Sunday.
Britain's Sunday Times reported that FTSE 100 company Petrofac had entered the race to buy Foster Wheeler, setting up a possible bid battle against Britain's Amec (AMEC.L) for the $3 billion Nasdaq-listed company.
Both Foster Wheeler and Petrofac declined to comment on the Sunday Times story.
The Sunday Times also said in its story that Petrofac had in the past made a bid to buy Foster Wheeler's engineering arm for about $2 billion, an approach which was rejected.
The source declined to comment on Petrofac's reported previous interest in Foster Wheeler's engineering business.
Amec is looking at Foster Wheeler as one of a number of potential acquisition targets, but is not currently in talks with the company, a source told Reuters in November.
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister