CORRECTED-Akamai to acquire cyber security provider Prolexic for $370 mln
(Corrects second paragraph to say the deal is expected to reduce, not add to, the company's adjusted profit in the first full year after deal closing)
Dec 2 (Reuters) - Akamai Technologies Inc, whose products help move content quickly over the Internet, said it will buy cloud-based security provider Prolexic Technologies Inc for about $370 million.
The acquisition of Prolexic, which safeguards data centers and enterprise IP applications against hacker attacks, is expected to reduce the company's adjusted profit by 6-8 cents per share in the first full year after the deal's closing.
The acquisition is expected to close in the first half of 2014. (Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’