RPT-C&W Communications says Batelco Seychelles deal expires
LONDON Dec 2 (Reuters) - Cable & Wireless Communications is considering options for its assets in the Seychelles after Bahrain Telecommunications Co failed to secure approval to buy the business by a set date.
"Cable & Wireless Communications has been notified that all necessary approvals for the sale of its business in the Seychelles to Batelco Group have not been granted," it said.
"Accordingly, that disposal did not complete by the long-stop date agreed with Batelco and CWC will be considering its options for the Seychelles business."
The state-controlled buyer, known as Batelco, said a year ago it would buy CWC's Monaco and Islands division, which owned stakes in telecom operators in 12 markets including the Maldives, Channel Islands and the Seychelles, providing fixed-line, mobile, broadband and television services.
Shares in the British group fell 1.9 percent on the news.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand