QEP to spin off pipeline business after pressure from Jana
Dec 2 (Reuters) - Oil producer QEP Resources Inc said on Monday it would spin off its pipeline business, bowing to pressure from activist hedge fund Jana Partners LLC.
QEP plans to spin off its QEP Field Services division, as well as its 25 percent stake in QEP Midstream Partners LP .
Jana, which is QEP's largest shareholder, had for months said it would prefer that QEP spin off its pipeline business as a separate business, contending QEP did not have the expertise to run the unit.
Shares of QEP rose 5.1 percent to $33.97 in after-hours trading on Monday.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions