Akamai to acquire cyber security provider Prolexic for $370 million
(Reuters) - Akamai Technologies Inc (AKAM.O), whose products help move content quickly over the Internet, said it will buy cloud-based security provider Prolexic Technologies Inc for about $370 million.
The acquisition of Prolexic, which safeguards data centers and enterprise IP applications against hacker attacks, is expected to add 6-8 cents per share to the company's adjusted profit in the first full year after the deal's closing.
The acquisition is expected to close in the first half of 2014.
(Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, militants threaten Israeli airport |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- A game of two popes: Vatican plays down talk of World Cup rivalry
- Haskell collapses in Texas court as details of murder read