South Africa's Bidvest asks court to block bid by Chile's CFR -document
JOHANNESBURG Dec 3 (Reuters) - South African industrial conglomerate Bidvest has asked a high court to invalidate a $1.2 billion takeover bid for local drugmaker Adcock Ingram by a Chilean rival, according to a summary of the suit seen by Reuters on Tuesday.
Bidvest is also seeking postponement of a Dec. 18 meeting of Adcock shareholders, where they are due to vote on the takeover bid by Chile's CFR Pharmaceuticals, according to the document.
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew, stowage as rescue hampered |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |