Bank of Montreal Q4 profit inches higher; dividend raised
TORONTO Dec 3 (Reuters) - Bank of Montreal, Canada's No. 4 bank, said on Tuesday its quarterly profit rose 1 percent as stronger wealth management profit was offset by weaker trading results.
The bank, the first Canadian lender to report results for the fiscal fourth quarter, also raised its quarterly dividend by 2.7 percent to 76 Canadian cents a share.
Bank of Montreal earned C$1.09 billion ($1.02 billion), or C$1.62 a share, in the quarter ended Oct. 31. That compared with a profit of C$1.08 billion, or C$1.59 a share, in the year-before period.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data