Brazil's rising interest rates have weighed on growth - Mantega
SAO PAULO Dec 3 (Reuters) - Rising interest rates have had some impact on Brazil's disappointing economic growth so far this year, Finance Minister Guido Mantega said on Tuesday.
The Brazilian central bank has raised its benchmark Selic rate by 2.75 percentage points since April, bringing it from an all-time low of 7.25 percent to 10 percent.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |